Friday, October 14, 2005

Get an 800 Number -- On the Cheap

All right.

If you have a small business, you likely need an 800 number.

I remember starting a piano studio twenty years ago at the tender at of 16 and thinking an 800 number would help attract students.

Besides that being the uber wrong approach, I learned then that getting an 800 number was uber harder than I wanted it to be. I went the whole Yellow Pages listing route, posters, the whole shebang.

But what to my wondering eyeballs! I recently did googling (the only "verb" worth using for research) and found TollFreeMax.com. Not only was the site easy to navigate -- and the "people" (probably a fellow smart small business guru) are friendly and respond quickly.

Now I
pay $9.95 a month for an 800 number that automatically forwards to my primary phone (which is my cell phone). Of the cadre of extras included with my plan comes virtual faxing. A client can fax me at the 800 number and it is emailed to me as an attachment. I can also fax from my computer through them -- no fax machine required.

Brilliant!

For $9.95 a month I get 100 free minutes. But I don't exceed them because I always ask the client if I can call them right back.

Now my ResumeStudio.com peeps and I get a win-win situation. Check it -- and let me know if you find more competitive prices. I can't imagine that it gets much better.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home