Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Not Broken

Last night, I wrapped up a lesson at a student's home in a better part of town, slung on my backpack, and headed down their front steps. I'm not sure what was wrong with me, but somehow I failed to negotiate the variance between their level step and the 45 degree (or so) angle of the sidewalk.

I soon returned to their doorstep with my ankle looking like it had an apple sticking out of it. It was difficult going since I didn't have use of my left foot. As luck would have it, there was a doctor in the house.

I went to his office this morning and after x-rays happily learned that my ankle isn't broken, just badly sprained. Hallelujah! But I'm going to hate being on crutches for the next three weeks.

My first three thoughts after I fell:

1. Oh, no. That did not really just happen.
2. Shoot, now I can't go have drinks.
3. Damn, I'm not gonna be able to work out tomorrow.



I'm wearing this not-so-pretty contraption now called an air cast, in black. Unfortunately, I don't look quite as sporty as the photo. I'm grateful it's not broken.


1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger Kandace said...

Oh Wow! That sounds horrible. Funny your first thought was "did that just happen?" I would have been "Oh S&I%! I hope nobody saw me!"

I hope that you are able to recover quickly. K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home