Monday, April 21, 2008

Density

I just had the densest girl wait on me here at the pizza shop. The kind who stares emotionless at you awaiting your next cue. Me: "Honey, if you were taking this longer-than-necessary pause to translate what I'm saying into your mother tongue, I might sympathize. Even slow down and smile. But I hear no trace of anything more than west coast stupid coming out of your mouth, so get on with it.

Paris Hilton in "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" on South Park

I recall my own stupid transition from thinking these sorts of pauses and blank stares were somehow my fault. Like I was stupid, ugly, uncool, or perhaps missing some cosmic joke reserved for people smarter than I.

Alas, as I've learned this far in life: as with most things, it's not about me at all. That's why she's here working here at this pizza shop and I'm just dropping by.



1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Kandace said...

This is like so totally funny...like I totally get it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home