Monday, October 16, 2006

Hormones 101

I am on Friday meeting my doctor at 11:00 a.m. to discuss the beginning of my testosterone replacement therapy regiment. Since the diagnosis four or five months ago revealing that my testosterone is flying at half mast, I have been on a roller coaster of emotions. Friday may mark the beginning of treatment.

What does my future hold? My own research has shown that the body and the mind are both impacted significantly by low hormone levels - especially when the levels are low by half. I have felt a bit like I might become a different person.

Van has shared that he is ready, come what may, for the potential outcomes of a partner on testosterone replacement therapy. I'm not sure I'm ready, but the alternative is equally frightening. (Female symptoms / problems.)

I plan to lightly catalogue my experience here in the coming months.


1 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger D.J. said...

Looking forward to hearing about how things go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home