Sunday, December 10, 2006

My Favorite Movie Reviewer

Dave White, "Your Man at the Multiplex" of Movies.Go.Com is my favorite movie reviewer.

He is quick, deadpan, and usually right on, saying what I felt like saying after seeing, say, a movie like The Holiday, which I saw last night with Elaine. Yes, we walked away feeling well -- and like it was just the kind of movie we needed (namely because it reminded both of us that we need vacations, too). Although we knew it wouldn't win any Oscars and I was self-consciously aware that I was agreeing that I liked a pile of schlock.

But Dave White has a way of communicating how I feel.

Today, however, I searched through Dave's past movie postings to see if he ever has anything positive to say, and of course the fag was crazy about Brokeback Mountain. I was, too. But I don't poo poo every other movie ever made. That aside, I thought he fittingly summed up Brokeback (after plugging his sap leaking hole) like this:


Movie Math:
Titanic + Same Time, Next Year + Romeo + Juliet - Juliet = Brokeback Mountain


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home